Have a question or need clarification?
The following resources are helpful for self-study, to answer questions or to aid in your prayer.
Daily Meditation Suggestions
Dynamic Catholic <CLICK HERE>
In order for you to have the best prayer experience possible, we’d like to share some tips to help you prepare:
- Set a time. Make your prayer time with God a priority in your schedule. Pick a time each day when you’ll have at least five uninterrupted minutes to reflect on the daily email.
- Pick a place. Choose a comfortable, quiet place without distractions.
- Be committed. Will it really be your best effort ever? That’s entirely up to you. All it takes is your commitment to live better each day.
Bishop Robert Barron’s daily Gospel reflections <CLICK HERE>
During the year, Bishop Barron will send you a short email with an uplifting spiritual reflection.
You’ll also receive exclusive videos, access to free giveaways of Bishop Barron’s DVDs and books, and special discounts on new and exciting resources.
Bishop Barron will be offering these reflections in both English and Spanish so even more people can benefit.
Catechism of the Catholic Church
The Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC) is an official publication that contains fundamental explanations of the beliefs of the Catholic faith that is used by the Catholic Church. It was written and presented by Pope John Paul II in 1992.
Stay in touch with the Pope’s messages, letters, homilies, encyclicals and many others including a daily meditation. As adults maturing in Faith we are often on a path of self-study. As we look for enriching sources of material to inspire our minds and move our hearts, we find any writing that comes from the Pope is a primary source of this enrichment.
Archdiocese Of Oklahoma City
Oklahoma Catholic Broadcasting on 97.3 FM
Listen to programs that describe ways we can apply our Faith to address relevant matters in the world, deepen our understanding of Faith principles and hear ways to speak confidently and clearly to others about our Faith.
The Sooner Catholic is the newspaper for the Archdiocese of Oklahoma City.
The New Advent Catholic Encyclopedia is a compilation of a few sources, one being the encyclopedia. It is described in part as being
“Designed to present its readers with the full body of Catholic teaching, the Encyclopedia contains not only precise statements of what the Church has defined, but also an impartial record of different views of acknowledged authority on all disputed questions. In all things the object of the Encyclopedia is to give the whole truth without prejudice, national, political or factional. In the determination of the truth the most recent and acknowledged scientific methods are employed, and the results of the latest research in theology, philosophy, history, apologetics, archæology, and other sciences are given careful consideration.”
The following are apps that you can download to your handheld device to enrich your prayer time.
It contains the following:
- Daily Mass Readings and reflections
- Saint of the Day
- Liturgy of Hours in English and Latin
- Latin Mass
- New American Bible
- Interactive Rosary
- Chaplet of Divine Mercy, Seven Sorrows Rosary, Chaplet of St. Michael, Franciscan Crown Rosary, Latin Rosary, Latin Chaplet of Divine Mercy, Servite Rosary, Chaplet of Sacred Heart
- Stations of the Cross
- Many prayers including some in Latin with English translation
- Guide for walking through the Sacrament of Reconciliation as well as an examination of conscience
Visit the App store on your device to download this free app.